Yield10 Bioscience Announces Completion of Harvesting for 2020 Field Test Program to Evaluate Novel Yield and Compositional Traits in Camelina and Canola
“We are pleased that our field trial contractors completed the seed harvest on schedule at all of the sites involved in our 2020 Field Test Program,” said Dr.
A summary of the 2020 Field Test Program:
- Camelina/C3004: C3004 is a trait designed to increase seed yield that has shown promise in previous greenhouse and growth chamber experiments.
- Camelina/CRISPR E3902: E3902 is a CRISPR genome-edited trait designed to boost oil content. This line demonstrated positive results in 2019 field tests.
- Camelina/CRISPR C3007: C3007 is a CRISPR genome-edited trait designed to boost oil content. This is the first season of field testing the trait.
- Camelina/C3014 and C3015: Yield10 has designed a novel trait and reprogrammed Camelina to produce a PHA biomaterial as a third seed product in addition to the oil and protein meal.
- Canola/C3004: C3004 is a trait designed to increase seed yield. This is the first season of field testing the trait in canola.
- Canola/C3003: Yield10 grew 14 new canola/C3003 commercial quality lines for seed bulk up in the field in 2020 that the Company currently plans to field test in 2021. C3003 is a seed yield trait.
In the field tests of its novel traits in Camelina and canola, Yield10 monitored key agronomic and growth parameters of the plants throughout the growth period. Yield10 also plans to evaluate seed yield, oil content, PHA content and/or other metrics of the traits as appropriate after seed harvest. The field tests are designed to generate data on the performance of the novel traits under field conditions and to advance the development of the traits toward commercialization. The program will also generate field grown seed for subsequent field studies.
For more information about the company, please visit www.yield10bio.com, or follow the Company on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. (
Safe Harbor for Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Investors are cautioned that statements in this press release which are not strictly historical, including, without limitation, statements regarding the results and outcome of, and information gathered from the field tests, the ability to use the results of the tests in future studies or licensing activities, whether the company’s traits will increase seed yield, boost oil content and/or produce PHA biomaterial, and expectations with regard to the timing of reporting results of the field tests or additional field testing, constitute forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated, including the risks and uncertainties detailed in
Managing Director, CORE IR
Source: Yield10 Bioscience, Inc.